Find a Pirtek Service Centre wherever you are! Simply download one of our POI (Point of Interest) files onto your Sat Nav device and you'll be directed to the nearest location offering our services, including emergency hose repairs.
Please consult your device user manual before downloading/uploading any POI files to your system.
POI files updated 18/06/2010
- Download the Pirtek TomTom POI file and save it locally on your computer.
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file, including "Pirtek - Tomtomv2.ov2" and "pirtekIcon.bmp".
- Attach your TomTom unit / TomTom Memory Card to your computer (see your TomTom documentation for instructions on how to do this).
- Using My Computer (located in the Windows Start Menu) navigate to the Great Britain Map directory or Western Europe map directory (if you are using a MAC use Finder to locate the directory). Copy the "Pirtek - Tomtomv2.ov2" and "pirtekIcon.bmp" files to this directory.
- Now, using your TomTom, go to "Change Preferences > Manage POI > Add POI" and select Pirtek.
- To navigate to your chosen Pirtek Service Centre select: "Navigate to... > Point of Interest > Pirtek", then select one of the service centres on the list and follow the on-screen instructions.
- For more information go to the TomTom website.
- Every version of NAVMAN has different instructions for uploading the POI file.
- Please download the Pirtek NAVMAN POI file
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file, including "Pirtek - Navman.csv" and "pirtekIcon.bmp".
- Refer to your instruction manual or go to the NAVMAN website.
- You will need need the Garmin POI Loader software, available from the Garmin website.
- Please download the Pirtek Garmin POI file and extract to a folder on you local computer.
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file, including "Pirtek - Garmin.csv" and "pirtekIcon.bmp".
- Make you you place these on the same folder where you keep you other POI files as the Software refreshes the POI list every time a new list is loaded.
- Make sure POI Loader software is installed and then connect your Garmin Unit (or memory card) to your PC using the supplied USB lead (or card reader)
- If the software does not automatically start, open it now.
- Browse for your POI folder and follow the on screen instructions.
- Garmin recommend using the auto mode but there is a manual upload selection where you can specify the proximity alert distance for each individual file.
- For more information go to the Garmin website.
- Download the Pirtek Google Earth POI file and save it to a location on your computer.
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file, including "Pirtek - Google Earth.kml" and "pirtekIcon.bmp".
- In Google Earth open "Pirtek - Google Earth.klm".
- To allocate the Pirtek UK icon to each listing
- Right click on the first location in the list and select 'properties'
- Click the button at the end of line box with the name listed.
- Click "Add custom Icon" and browse to the location containing the extracted files and select "pirtekIcon.bmp"
- Click on "ok" twice to apply the icon.
- Right click on "Pirtek - Google Earth.klm" and select "properties". Select the "style,color" tab and click "share style". This will apply the icon to all your listings.
- For more information go to the Google Earth website